What is a Mortgage Servicing Company?
There is sometimes confusion on the difference between the owner of a loan and a mortgage servicing company, also called a mortgage servicer or loan servicer.
- The Owner is the bank or mortgage company that originally lent you the money, or the entity that purchased the loan.
- The Servicer is the company that manages your loan. This might be the same company as the Owner, or it may be a different company. The mortgage Servicer collects your monthly mortgage payments, and initiates foreclosure proceedings when you stop making payments.
Mortgage Servicing Companies Who Commonly Pursue Foreclosures
At the Law Firm of Ira J. Metrick, we have defended against foreclosures from many mortgage servicing companies, including:
- Mellon Bank
- Mr. Cooper (Formerly Nationstar)
- Ocwen Financial Corporation
- Select Portfolio Servicing (SPS)
- Selene Finance
- SN Servicing
- Specialized Loan Servicing (SLS)
- Synergy Financial
- TD Bank
- TST Financial
- U.S. Bank
- Wells Fargo