At the law office of Ira J. Metrick, we have defended borrowers against foreclosures from many different mortgage servicing companies including Citibank / CitiMortgage.
About Citibank / CitiMortgage
Citibank and CitiMortgage are divisions of Citigroup Inc., an American multinational financial corporation headquartered in New York City. Along with Wells Fargo, Bank of America, and JPMorgan Chase, it is one of the “Big Four” banks in the country. CitiMortgage offers a variety of mortgage services, including loss mitigation programs and day to day administration of mortgages, such as receiving payments and pursuing foreclosure.
CitiMortgage Foreclosure & Loan Modification Information
On their website, CitiMortgage outlines a number of options for homeowners struggling to make their regular payments or facing foreclosure, including:
- Repayment Plans – “You pay your regular monthly mortgage payment and an additional amount each month to catch up on the delinquent payments over time.”
- Deferment – “You agree to make portions of your mortgage payments at a later time.”
- Partial Claim – “An additional one-time loan to help homeowners repay missed or partial payments.”
- Loan Modification – “A permanent change to one or more of the terms of your loan to provide a more affordable payment.”
CitiMortgage has faced penalties for violating federal consumer laws in the past. For example, in January 2017, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) ordered CitiMortgage to pay $20 million in fines and reimbursements for giving borrowers the runaround when they tried to save their homes. Their diversionary tactics included keeping them uninformed of their options and demanding excessive, irrelevant paperwork. It is important to seek the help of an experienced foreclosure attorney instead of relying on information from your lender.
If you are facing foreclosure on your mortgage serviced by CitiMortgage, we can determine the type of modification you may be eligible for, and we can give you an estimate of the modification payment terms.
Some attorneys that may represent CitiMortgage include:
- Reed Smith
- Phelan, Hallinan, Diamond & Jones
- Fein Such Kahn & Shepard
- Ras Citron
- Zucker, Goldberg & Ackerman
- Powers Kirn
- Stern Lavinthal & Frankenberg
- KML Law Group
- Buckley Madole
Helpful NJ Foreclosure and Loan Modification Resources
- Foreclosure Defense Overview
- New Jersey Foreclosure Timeline
- New Jersey Sheriff Sale FAQ
- New Jersey Sheriff Sale Timeline
- New Jersey Loan Modification Information
Contact Ira J. Metrick Today
If your mortgage is serviced by CitiMortgage and your home is facing foreclosure, contact us today. We can discuss your situation and help you determine if you are eligible for a loan modification. We also offer aggressive representation to assist in the loan modification process.
We can also ensure that the lender has followed all proper foreclosure procedures and has not violated your rights as a borrower. These violations can include, but are not limited to:
- Pursuing a foreclosure or sheriff sale while your loan modification application is still being reviewed (also known as Dual Tracking).
- Refusing to honor or review your loan modification.
- Not responding to your loan modification application within 30 days.
- Refusing to accept your mortgage payment or mortgage reinstatement.
- Declaring you in default and threatening foreclosure even though you are up to date on your payments.
If any of these or other situations have happened to you, contact the law office of Ira J. Metrick today to discuss your options.