New Jersey has the unfortunate distinction of leading the nation in foreclosures. At the Law Firm of Ira J. Metrick, we have over 10 years of experience helping homeowners stop foreclosure and stay in their homes. We will work with you every step of the way: from understanding and responding to foreclosure notices; to researching and applying for loan modifications; to bringing federal lawsuits when your rights have been violated in the foreclosure and modification process.
You Have Rights and Options as a Homeowner
Many homeowners believe that all hope is lost once their mortgage lender starts the foreclosure process, but this is not the case. You have the right to fight foreclosure, and there are many laws in place in New Jersey to make sure that you have every possible opportunity of saving your home. Even if your home has been scheduled for a sheriff sale, there is still a chance to stop the foreclosure.
Experienced Foreclosure Defense Attorney That Gets Results
We have defended against foreclosures from many different mortgage servicing companies and many different foreclosure Law Firms.
We have also brought several Federal Lawsuits when lenders, or their attorneys, have violated your rights in the foreclosure or modification process. Grounds for a Federal lawsuit can include, but are not limited to:
- Pursuing a foreclosure or sheriff sale while your loan modification application is still being reviewed (also known as Dual Tracking).
- Refusing to honor or review your loan modification.
- Not responding to your loan modification application within 30 days.
- Refusing to accept your mortgage payment or mortgage reinstatement.
- Declaring you in default and threatening foreclosure even though you are up to date on your payments.
- Contacting you directly when you are represented by an Attorney
If any of these or other situations have happened to you, contact the law office of Ira J. Metrick today to discuss your options.