At the law office of Ira J. Metrick, we have defended borrowers against foreclosures from many different mortgage servicing companies including Carrington Mortgage Services.
About Carrington Mortgage Services
Carrington Mortgages Services (CMS) is a privately managed investment management company. It is headquartered in Anaheim, California and is a subsidiary of Carrington Holding Company. Carrington also has offices in Indiana and Texas, and they operate in almost every area of the United States as well as internationally in the United Kingdom and Italy. They offer a variety of mortgage services, including loss mitigation programs and general mortgage assistance as well as day to day administration of mortgages.
Carrington Loan Modification & Foreclosure Information
Carrington Mortgage Services offers proprietary loan modifications to people that may not be eligible for more traditional loan modifications. These may include principal reductions, rate reductions, temporary or permanent fixing of the interest rate, deferring a portion of the loan’s unpaid principal balance, or extension of the amortization term.
You will be required to fill out a Request for Mortgage Assistance (RMA) in order to apply for a loan modification or any other mortgage assistance.
If you are facing foreclosure on your mortgage serviced by Carrington Mortgage Services, we can determine the type of modification you may be eligible for, including a principal reduction loan modification, and we can give you an estimate of the modification payment terms.
Helpful NJ Foreclosure and Loan Modification Resources
- Foreclosure Defense Overview
- New Jersey Foreclosure Timeline
- New Jersey Sheriff Sale FAQ
- New Jersey Sheriff Sale Timeline
- New Jersey Loan Modification Information
Contact Ira J. Metrick Today
If your mortgage is serviced by Carrington and your home is facing foreclosure, contact us today. We can discuss your situation and help you determine if you are eligible for a loan modification. We also offer aggressive representation to assist in the loan modification process.
It is important to keep in mind that Carrington has been accused of predatory loan practices in the past. We can also ensure that the lender has followed all proper foreclosure procedures and has not violated your rights as a borrower. These violations can include, but are not limited to:
- Pursuing a foreclosure or sheriff sale while your loan modification application is still being reviewed (also known as Dual Tracking).
- Refusing to honor or review your loan modification.
- Not responding to your loan modification application within 30 days.
- Refusing to accept your mortgage payment or mortgage reinstatement.
- Declaring you in default and threatening foreclosure even though you are up to date on your payments.
If any of these or other situations have happened to you, contact the law office of Ira J. Metrick today to discuss your options.