At the law office of Ira J. Metrick, we have defended borrowers against foreclosures from many different Lenders, including BSI Financial Services.
About BSI Financial Services
Headquartered in Irving, Texas, BSI Financial Services is an independent loan services provider that handles all aspects of mortgage loan servicing, including receiving monthly mortgage payments and pursuing foreclosure against homeowners who fall behind.
BSI Financial Services Foreclosure Information
In May 2019, BSI Financial reached a settlement with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) after the CFPB found that BSI violated several federal laws between 2012 and 2016, including the Truth in Lending Act, the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, and the Consumer Financial Protection Act of 2010.
These violations included mishandling mortgage servicing transfers with incomplete or inaccurate loss mitigation information. This led to BSI failing to recognize that certain loans were in the process of receiving a loan modification or had already received a loan modification, and trying to collect inaccurate mortgage payments and threatening foreclosure.
Consumer Affairs features many negative reviews from BSI Financial customers that tell a similar story, with homeowners complaining that their mortgage was transferred to BSI and they subsequently had trouble with inaccurate bills and other issues.
If your mortgage is being serviced by BSI Financial Services and they are falsely claiming missed or inaccurate payments or pursuing foreclosure, contact us today.
Helpful NJ Foreclosure and Loan Modification Resources
- Foreclosure Defense Overview
- New Jersey Foreclosure Timeline
- New Jersey Sheriff Sale FAQ
- New Jersey Sheriff Sale Timeline
- New Jersey Loan Modification Information
Contact Ira J. Metrick Today to Discuss Your BSI Financial Foreclosure in NJ
If your mortgage is serviced by BSI Financial and your home is facing foreclosure, contact us today. We can discuss your situation and help you defend the foreclosure and determine if you are eligible for a loan modification. We also offer aggressive representation to assist in the loan modification process.
We can ensure that the lender has followed all proper foreclosure procedures and has not violated your rights as a borrower. These violations can include, but are not limited to:
- Pursuing a foreclosure or sheriff sale while your loan modification application is still being reviewed (also known as Dual Tracking).
- Refusing to honor or review your loan modification.
- Not responding to your loan modification application within 30 days.
- Refusing to accept your mortgage payment or mortgage reinstatement.
- Declaring you in default and threatening foreclosure even though you are up to date on your payments.
If any of these or other situations have happened to you, contact the law office of Ira J. Metrick today to discuss your options.