At the law office of Ira J. Metrick, we have defended borrowers against foreclosures from many different mortgage servicing companies including Santander Bank.
About Santander Bank
Santander was founded in 1857, and has been servicing the northeast since 2013. The Santander Group has become a group of leading banks in the United Kingdom, continental Europe and Latin America.
Santander Bank Loan Modification Information
Santander Bank paid $3.4 million in order to settle a complaint from the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency over how they handled faulty foreclosure practices in 2011. The OCC stated that Santander Bank violated agreements over mortgage-servicing inadequacies. Santander was accused of robo signing, or fraudulently endorsing paperwork that is used in foreclosure proceedings.
A loan modification is your best option for stopping a foreclosure and staying in your home. If you are facing foreclosure on your mortgage serviced by Santander Bank, we can determine the type of modification you may be eligible for, and we can give you an estimate of the modification payment terms.
Helpful NJ Foreclosure and Loan Modification Resources
- Foreclosure Defense Overview
- New Jersey Foreclosure Timeline
- New Jersey Sheriff Sale FAQ
- New Jersey Sheriff Sale Timeline
- New Jersey Loan Modification Information
Contact Ira J. Metrick Today
If your mortgage is serviced by Santander Bank and your home is facing foreclosure, contact us today. We can discuss your situation and help you determine if you are eligible for a loan modification. We also offer aggressive representation to assist in the loan modification process.
We can also ensure that the lender has followed all proper foreclosure procedures and has not violated your rights as a borrower. These violations can include, but are not limited to:
- Pursuing a foreclosure or sheriff sale while your loan modification application is still being reviewed (also known as Dual Tracking).
- Refusing to honor or review your loan modification.
- Not responding to your loan modification application within 30 days.
- Refusing to accept your mortgage payment or mortgage reinstatement.
- Declaring you in default and threatening foreclosure even though you are up to date on your payments.
If any of these or other situations have happened to you, contact the law office of Ira J. Metrick today to discuss your options.