At the law office of Ira J. Metrick, we have defended borrowers against foreclosures from many different Lenders, including M&T Bank.
About M&T Bank
M&T Bank is a financial services company based in Buffalo, New York, with over 750 branches throughout the United States. They handle banking, insurance, investments, and mortgages.
As a mortgage servicer, M&T Bank manages the day-to-day administration of mortgage accounts, including collecting regular monthly mortgage payments and pursuing foreclosure against homeowners who fall behind.
M&T Bank has been rapidly expanding its mortgage servicing department. In January 2019, M&T purchased the servicing rights for a residential mortgage loan portfolio totaling $13.3 billion. So you may soon find that M&T Bank purchased your loan from your original lender. M&T Bank acquired many loans from Hudson City Savings Bank.
M&T Bank Loan Modification Information
M&T Bank outlines several mortgage assistance options on their website for borrowers who have fallen behind on their mortgage payments and are in danger of foreclosure, including:
- Loan Modification
- Repayment Plan
- Short Sale
- Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure
A loan modification is your best option for stopping a foreclosure and staying in your home. If you are facing foreclosure on your mortgage serviced by M&T Bank, we can determine the type of modification you may be eligible for, and we can give you an estimate of the modification payment terms.
Some attorneys that may represent M&T Bank include:
- Schiller Knapp Lefkowitz & Hertzel, LLP
- KML Law Group
Helpful NJ Foreclosure and Loan Modification Resources
- Foreclosure Defense Overview
- New Jersey Foreclosure Timeline
- New Jersey Sheriff Sale FAQ
- New Jersey Sheriff Sale Timeline
- New Jersey Loan Modification Information
Contact Ira J. Metrick Today to Discuss Your M&T Bank Foreclosure in NJ
If your mortgage is serviced by M&T Bank and your home is facing foreclosure, contact us today. We can discuss your situation and help you defend the foreclosure and determine if you are eligible for a loan modification. We also offer aggressive representation to assist in the loan modification process.
We can also ensure that the lender has followed all proper foreclosure procedures and has not violated your rights as a borrower. These violations can include, but are not limited to:
- Pursuing a foreclosure or sheriff sale while your loan modification application is still being reviewed (also known as Dual Tracking).
- Refusing to honor or review your loan modification.
- Not responding to your loan modification application within 30 days.
- Refusing to accept your mortgage payment or mortgage reinstatement.
- Declaring you in default and threatening foreclosure even though you are up to date on your payments.
If any of these or other situations have happened to you, contact the law office of Ira J. Metrick today to discuss your options.