At the law office of Ira J. Metrick, we have defended borrowers against foreclosures from many different Lenders, including Selene Finance.
About Selene Finance
Headquartered in Houston, Texas, Selene Finance is a residential mortgage company that handles all aspects of mortgage loan servicing, including receiving monthly mortgage payments and pursuing foreclosure against homeowners who fall behind.
Selene Finance Foreclosure Information
On their website, Selene Finance outlines a number of options for customers who are facing foreclosure and want to stay in their home, including:
- Repayment Plans: “If you fell behind on payments due to a temporary hardship, but are now in a better position financially, a repayment plan may be a manageable way to bring the account current.”
- Temporary Forbearance Plans: “A forbearance plan temporarily suspends or reduces the amount of the regular monthly mortgage payment. Most often, this plan is used in times of temporary hardship, such as unemployment.”
- Loan Modification: “If you cannot afford the current mortgage payment due to a financial hardship and you want to stay in your home, we may be able to change certain terms of the mortgage account — such as the interest rate or the repayment term— to make the payments more affordable.”
Common Complaints Against Selene Finance
Selene Finance has developed a reputation for numerous questionable practices and there is a website devoted to exposing alleged foreclosure fraud committed by Selene Finance.
The Better Business Bureau posted a notice regarding a pattern of complaints against Selene Finance. Numerous customers claimed that Selene took over their mortgage from another lender and began claiming that they never received payments that were made on time, even though said payments showed up in their bank account history. If this happens to you, it is important to take legal action right away.
If your mortgage is being serviced by Selene Finance and they are falsely claiming missed payments or pursuing foreclosure, contact us today.
Some attorneys that may represent Selene Finance include:
- Stern, Lavinthal & Frankenberg
- Pleuse, Becker & Saltzman, LLC
- Phelan Hallinan Diamond and Jones
- Fein, Such, Kahn & Shepard
- McCabe, Weisberg & Conway, PC
- Milstead & Assoc.
Helpful NJ Foreclosure and Loan Modification Resources
- Foreclosure Defense Overview
- New Jersey Foreclosure Timeline
- New Jersey Sheriff Sale FAQ
- New Jersey Sheriff Sale Timeline
- New Jersey Loan Modification Information
Contact Ira J. Metrick Today to Discuss Your Selene Finance Foreclosure in NJ
If your mortgage is serviced by Selene Finance and your home is facing foreclosure, contact us today. We can discuss your situation and help you defend the foreclosure and determine if you are eligible for a loan modification. We also offer aggressive representation to assist in the loan modification process.
We can ensure that the lender has followed all proper foreclosure procedures and has not violated your rights as a borrower. These violations can include, but are not limited to:
- Pursuing a foreclosure or sheriff sale while your loan modification application is still being reviewed (also known as Dual Tracking).
- Refusing to honor or review your loan modification.
- Not responding to your loan modification application within 30 days.
- Refusing to accept your mortgage payment or mortgage reinstatement.
- Declaring you in default and threatening foreclosure even though you are up to date on your payments.
If any of these or other situations have happened to you, contact the law office of Ira J. Metrick today to discuss your options.