I Received a Foreclosure Complaint. What Is My Next Step?
Getting served with a foreclosure complaint is a stressful experience. The complaint will be personally served by a process server who comes to your home, or it will come by letter from the law firm representing your lender. To properly defend the foreclosure you MUST file a Contesting Answer within Thirty-Five (35) days of being served with the complaint.
At the law firm of Ira J. Metrick, we have defended against foreclosures filed by many of these law firms, and can help you examine your options for avoiding foreclosure and staying in your home, including:
- Filing a Contesting Answer to the foreclosure. We can carefully evaluate your case and help identify defenses to the foreclosure that will force the lender to prove that they have the right to foreclose on your home. It is also possible to file counter-claims against your lender for any violations on their part, including but not limited to:
- Real Estate Settlement Protection Act (RESPA) regulations;
- Truth in Lending Act (TILA) regulations;
- Refusing to honor your loan modification; or
- Refusing to accept your mortgage reinstatement payment.
- Once the foreclosure is properly defended, we can assist in applying for a loan modification. We can do an analysis to determine if you qualify for a modification and give you an estimate of what the new payment terms would be. If you qualify for a loan modification, you can change your mortgage payment plan and get back on track with your monthly payments. We can also represent you to apply for a modification, by using the new Federal Guidelines to ensure that the lender properly reviews your modification application. If you application is not properly reviewed, it is our goal to be in a position to bring a Federal lawsuit to obtain the modification, reimbursement of the attorney fees, plus damages.
Our firm has defended NJ foreclosures filed by these law firms:
- Phelan Hallinan Diamond & Jones, PC
- KML Law Group, PC
- Buckley Madole, PC
- Stern Lavinthal & Frankenberg LLC
- Fein Such Kahn & Shepard, PC
- Pluese Becker & Saltzman, LLC
- McCabe Weisberg & Conway, PC
- Powers Kirn LLC
- Shapiro & DeNardo, PC
- Udren Law Offices, Esq.
- RAS Citron, LLC
- Milstead & Associates, LLC
- Stern Eisenberg, PC
- Dembo Brown & Burns LLP
- Hill Wallack, LLP
- Mattleman Weinroth & Miller, PC
- Martin S. Weisberg, Esq.
- Schiller Knapp Lefkowitz & Hertzel, LLP
- Cutolo Mandel, LLC
- PIB Law
- Parker McCay, PA
- Koury, Tighe, Lapres, Bisulca & Sommers, PC
- Frenkel Lambert Weiss Weisman & Gordon, LLP
- Frank J Martone, PC
- Cullen and Dykman, LLP
- Sills Cummis & Gross, PC
- Knuckles, Komosinski & Manfro, LLP
- Saldutti Law Group
- Vastola & Sullivan
- Duane Morris, LLP
Contact Us To Discuss Your Foreclosure Complaint
If you receive a foreclosure complaint in the mail, it is important to be proactive and take steps towards fighting the foreclosure right away. Contact us today to discuss your options.