We Want to Hear your Mortgage Servicing Horror Stories for Events After January 10, 2014
At the law office of Ira J. Metrick, we work with federal counsel, many times on a contingency basis, to file suit against lenders and their representatives, who have violated federal laws including:
- The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA)
- The Real Estate Settlement Protection Act (RESPA)
- The Truth in Lending Act (TILA)
These violations can include, but are not limited to:
- Pursuing a foreclosure or sheriff sale while your loan modification application is being reviewed (also known as Dual Tracking).
- Refusing to review or honor your loan modification.
- Not responding to your loan modification application within 30 days.
- Refusing to accept your mortgage payment or mortgage reinstatement.
- Declaring you in default and threatening foreclosure even though you are current on your payments.
The new laws went into effect in January 2014, so we want to hear stories about the violations lenders have committed against you since January 2014. Contact us today to tell us your story.