The situation unfolding around the outbreak of the Coronavirus has left many Americans uncertain about their financial situation. Marc Dann, Founding Partner of DannLaw, has shared some thoughts and pieces of advice for people who are facing a loss of income due to the virus.
Some of Mr. Dann’s tips include:
- Staying proactive if you fall behind on mortgage payments to avoid foreclosure.
- Being aware of any automatic monthly payments.
- Reading and answering your mail in a timely fashion.
- Monitoring your credit report.
- Avoiding borrowing your way out of debt or taking from your retirement accounts.
Read the full article at Medium: Lessons From the Last Recession